• Assist with collection of deceased persons from domestic, business and hospital premises
• Handling and recording of personal effects.
• Preparation and lining of empty coffins for burial and cremation
• Assist with clothing and preparation of deceased person for viewings and funerals
• Performing viewings in the chapel of rest
• Receiving cremated remains and transfer into the appropriate casket or urn
• Liaising with the funeral directors to ensure records are kept up to date
• Conducting pre-funeral checks
• Participate in all types of funerals including burial, cremation and direct cremation
• Preparation of breast plates, grave marker crosses and plaques
• Bear coffins at funerals
• Perform a variety of tasks during funerals to assist funeral directors and to ensure that services run smoothly and as planned.
• Assist with distribution and collection of funeral attendance cards and hymn sheets or books in church or at Crematorium
• Liaise with Crematorium and Church staff during services
• Take part in the interment of cremated remains
• Take responsibility for the general running, tidiness and cleanliness of the workshop, mortuary, yard and garage areas,
including receiving coffins and other deliveries.
• Unloading of delivery vehicles
• Maintaining, washing, cleaning, polishing, and driving vehicles
• Participation in the on call rota and telephone cover rota as required
• Implement and monitor Health and Safety
Full training will be given
Applicants able to attend funerals at times outside their shift hours.
Additional hours or overtime hours will be required to perform duties
Uniform for attendance at funerals provided
UK driving licence required.
Must be physically fit
Following successful completion of 3 month probabtion, applicants will be required to attend training leading to a recognised industry qualification
20 days holiday per annum plus statutory bank holidays
Hourly rate £10.92
30 hours per week Mon – Fri
Applications in writing to email@example.com