We are looking for a funeral arranger / administrator to join our team in Truro.
This is a varied role. You’ll work on:
- supporting clients to provide a funeral that fulfils their wishes,
- making necessary funeral arrangements and liaising with other people to bring all the elements together,
- completing internal and external paperwork that will allow the funeral to take place,
- supporting our team with administrative duties.
You’ll have some involvement in every aspect of our business. You must be eligible to work in the UK.
This is an office-based role in Truro, Cornwall.
You’ll be expected to:
- meet with families to discuss funeral arrangements,
- liaise with hospitals, nursing homes, crematoriums, councils, churches, ministers, celebrants and coroners’ offices,
- support clients on the telephone and in person,
- ensure all paperwork is completed accurately to allow the funeral to take place,
- arrange for removal of deceased persons from hospitals, care homes or private addresses,
- make appointments and viewing arrangements.
Interaction with the deceased may be required during viewing appointments, accompanying doctors into the mortuary, and identity checks on the day of the funeral.
When not on client work, we’ll ask you to:
- carry out financial administration including monthly VAT returns, and preparing and sending invoices,
- manage donations,
- office administration including filing, record keeping, and handling telephone calls,
- follow GDPR regulations,
- maintain accurate indexed records.
To work as a funeral arranger / administrator at W. J. Beswetherick, you need to have:
- experience of arranging funerals,
- a recognised funeral industry qualification
- consideration for our clients’ needs and requirements,
- excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- confident working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook,
- the ability to manage deadlines,
- the ability to work accurately, keep records and deal with several tasks at the same time.
Working patterns and salary
This is a permanent, full-time role of 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
You’ll get 20 days’ holiday and UK bank holidays off work.
Annual salary: £21,400
This role has a 6-month probation period.
About W. J. Beswetherick and Son
For over 60 years the Beswetherick family has been providing support and care to families in Cornwall during difficult times.
One of Truro’s longest established independent funeral directors, now in its third generation, the firm was founded in 1959 by William John Beswetherick.
During that time we have supported many families through the process by being open, understanding, respectful and professional. We listen to, and understand their wishes and provide them with all the information they need to organise a funeral how they want it.
If you’re interested in what we do and would like to join us, you can chat to Simon Pennycook about the role. Get in touch: email@example.com.